Blog Archive

Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday

The ollefson was pretty cool. We met a few people from the UK and Cali. I even met a girl who is half Chinese.
 The bar was playing US music.. Rihanna and such. It was fun. fell in love with this one painting that I took pics of, so I asked the receptionist if it was for sale. She laughed and said no. Turns out the artist is very well known and was even up for a noble prize at one point because he was a writer as well. Keyword.. Was. We came to a consensus that since he was born in the 1930s he probably is retired or deceased. Which translates to his paintings to definitely being out of my budget. So it will become a long term wish to have one of his paintings. 
So Carla and I saw this lady with a wrap on her head with these great earrings on. The whole night we were admiring them. So I went to the bar to get another drink and I saw the lady. She actually makes jewelry and had a few pieces on display on the bar. Iit turns out the bracelet I wanted was $5. I bought it immediately. Tomorrow we are back in city Soleil. Then, if we have the energy we are going with Will to visit his friend in a nearby village. 
Strange fact.. Haiti at one point had a ton of millionaires. The houses at the top of the hills are the ubber rich who never come down the hill for fear of security.  So they have no idea what the majority of Haiti is actually like. Crazy to think our group could know more about a country than a local. 


Night!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment